Monday 16 July 2007

Teething Trouble

Well after my friday excursion I managed to do two days of training, first weekend that I have done any training since I was in Mallorca in April. Scary as I think alot of people expect me to be riding all the time, I can only do what I can fit in without getting overly tired so tend to ride hard then rest and repeat. Works OK for me as it dosn't take long for me to sharpen up my form.
But saying that, not doing anything longer than 1 1/2 hours in a ride tends to knot my leg muscles after a while, so good to get out on Saturday and do 3 laps of Richmond Park, again thats the first time in 5 months I have used the park to queitly get some laps in. Must admit I could'nt resist overtaking a bunch of disorganised Triathletes coming down the hill towards Robin Hood gate. I think this upset them as once there all got on the flat they all tried going flat out at once but not as a group, laughable, allowed them all to go past me then stuck it in the big ring and started winding it up nice and smoothly, just to tease anyone if they had the sense to get my wheel for an easy tow, of course no one did so I just kept going up to 35-37 miles an hour(have no computer on my race bike but know from my gearing and leg speed roughly how fast I am going). never saw them again even though I went back down to gentle pace for my last lap.
So that was Saturday, on Sunday I managed 3 1/2 hours exploring the surrey lanes, round Bletchingley, Lingford,Crowhurst,Tandridge area, came across 3 London Dynamos marshelling on the corner outside Lingford for the Southern Counties road Race champs, talked for ten minutes then rode round the course and then home, legs feel really good.
So managed to ignore my tooth for most of the weekend, gum swelling went down on sunday, but pain came back.Today I was at the dentist, and after an x-ray, the result was that the tooth had cracked below the gum line across the tooth opposed to down through the tooth, I mean, when it went on Thursday while eating a choclate hobnob it was enough to reveberate through my head.
End result is that tooth with nice route canel work had to be removed which required surgery, I said no time like the present and away we went, 1 hour later the dentist had removed my tooth, well what was left of it as far as I could see it was in 6 pieces, and stiched my gum up as he had to cut the nerves with a scapel and cut into the gum to get at the tooth. he said he wanted to leave as much bone in my mouth(nice of him) so that we can insert a screw in two weeks time, this is called an implant then six months time have it crowned, only £1400.00.
Scary thing is I have the same gap on the other side of jaw from last year, but sort of forgot to have finished, mind sort of blanked out the cost and what was involved, so by the end of the year my teeth a likely to have cost me £3000.00 (great!!!!)
No pain know, was very sore an hour after even with pain killers, also hungry.
So bring on Cystal Palace Tuesday night.

No comments: