Saturday 11 August 2007

saw one of these






Today while riding home from work I saw one of these, a new Audi R8. Everytime I go riding in central london I will spot some supercar or exotic that I will admire as I ride along, pretty much seen everything being driven along the streets of london at some point, some even put there foot down to make a nice wail as they accelerate to 30mp/h or more!!!.
Well my week has been one off not doing to much riding as I have been tired. After last fridays result I thought I would do a road race on the sunday in Surrey. Part of the Surrey League series starting at Handcross. I thought I felt good and had a chance in this race, the moment we started and went up the first climb I was dropped, hung on, but wasn't to be, head and legs not willing so called it quits after 3 laps out of 5. Slightly upset but then as the rest of the day went on I relised how Knackered I was, so that sorted me out to have a mini break from training and racing until I feel strong and ready to go again, which meant that I have just been riding to work and back each day, takes me 25 minutes each way.
Today I went out after work as it is Saturday and we close at 3pm, very hot day, still feel tired but thats my own doing by deciding to have a drink after work with Craig, our mechanic. after 3 pints of Lager shandy I was borderline drunk, so lucky that we called it time at only 9.30pm, so many drunk people out and about at this time already, saw two seperate Hen night groups, dressed in playboy bunny outfits, lots of girls drinking out of beer bottles while staggering along. scary really, of course I then proceded to Work to collect my bike for the ride home, no dramas on the way home. Still after eating dinner and going to bed I had to get up and drink energy drink throughout the night to give myself a fighting chance that I would not feel ruff in the morning. Thankfully I was Ok, just a little dry in the mouth and tired. All went well at work, not as busy as it can sometimes be today, which was good.
Hence my ride to get some sunshine and see whats what, roads quiet for London at 4pm, makes for easy riding, saw the Audi R8 in Putney, add that to the Zonda F I saw in Battersea last month.
Not sure what to do tomorrow, was hoping to race but thats been canceled, so looks like a solo training ride of between 3-4 hours is on the books, see how I feel in the morning, depends a little on the weather as well, but I have my training bike with me which has full mudguards, so depends on my motivation. Next big race is the Newport Nocturne on the 1st of September. So can afford to laze about a little before picking it up again and getting some work in before then.
Regarding last night my bank gave me a call to check on my card usage as the round of drinks I bought on my card flagged up as an out of character purchase, which I guess it was, because I cannot remember the last time I was in a pub, thats good on my part, but also maybe a little sad and shows that I should get out more!

file:///Users/one/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/iPhoto%20Selection/images.jpeg

No comments: