Thursday 16 August 2007

Rolling along!

Here I am at home after another of my all conquering training rides from work to home, total distance of 6.5 miles in 23 minutes, thats all I have been doing for the last two weeks basically.
Monday and Tuesday I went north after work from Covent Garden, through Islington to Holloway across to Camden, round Regents Park, right along Marylebone road, down Sussex Gardens, cut through Hyde Park over the Serpentine on into Knightsbridge, right onto Old Brompton road, then a left back towards the river Thames to Cheyne Walk and then the Embankment, get some speed along here then south over the river at Vauxhall bridge, past the Oval Cricket grounds, take a right heading to Brixton on Brixton road, carry on past the choas outside Brixton Tube station and all the buses into Effra road then peel left to Dulwich road, at Herne Hill take Halfmoon Lane into Dulwich Village which leads into College Road, at the traffic lights I take the left which happens to be the South Circular, 5 minutes later I am home in our nice quiet flat. That ride is my normal winter survival route as it is well lit, and even with heavy traffic I can always keep moving, takes about 45 minutes. Allows me to play about with the traffic if I want as well, can normally ride faster than the traffic is flowing, so a little ducking and diving, keeps me in tune I guess, like judging gaps in traffic, still will not take that many risks.
Have a movie to watch on TV(The Wickerman) never seen this so watching tonight.

No comments: