Tuesday 28 August 2007

End of the season racing starts here!

Tonight was the last of the Crystal Palace tuesday League races that have been held throughout the year, although quite a few have been rained off this year which helped me in the overall series standings as I think my worst result was 3rd, won 4 and that put me 2nd overall, although it would have helped if tonights result counted as well as I won tonight in a reduced lap race. 18 laps in total, of which 12 I rode alone out in front after riding away from the bunch on the climb, I need this ride to bring me up to form again as it has been a few weeks since my last race.
I have the Newport Nocturne this Saturday, only has 4 English Tour de France riders David Miller, Bradley Wiggins, Geriant Thomas and Mark Cavandish plus all the best from the UK race scene. The following Sunday is the support race for the Tour of Britian at Crystal Palace and then on the 16th of September is the Warwick Town centre race which I won last year, So a busy finish to the years racing. All 3 are rounds of the National Elite Criterium Series, at the moment I am in 5th overall, not as good as last year.
In general I have been slack with my riding but have just done enough on my bike, over the bank holiday that meant going out at 4.30pm on the Sunday and Monday, did some steep climbs on the North downs which my legs didn't like and the yesterday did 3 hill attacks in my brief ride of 75mins, but thats all I can do as it is to late for any more as it will take the edge off, all about managing what you have, at the moment I feel I am on track, find out on Saturday night I guess.

No comments: