Thursday 14 February 2008

Onwards

Rode in yesterday with the sun coming up as I went over Waterloo Bridge , the day felt fantastic and great to be up and about this early, that all came to a halt when I got to work to find I had no keys on me to open the shop, luckily I was well early and a quick phone call and i was inside the shop at 8.10am, close call. Had left my keys in the shop the night before in my haste to get out riding after work. at the moment thats is all I am doing, the odd quick spin down the embankment to Putney and then back on the south side of the river to Vauxhaul, then Brixton and home.
legs have felt heavy this week so haven't done any speed or strength work, just fast spinning in small gears.
This weekend I will be in Richmond park clocking up the laps, two weeks ago it was 7 and 5 two weeks before that. just keep it steady, time on the bike and also my wife is teaching so can't be home before 1pm anyway.
Sunday should see me riding out to Chertsey to lend a hand at the London Dynamo beginners races, may even race, see how I feel,expect to be fairly knackered come sunday night.
Haven't entered any races yet, going to hold out to mid March. Past few years I have done the Wally Gimber but will pass on this this year. Need to check the calender though, need to fit some time trialing in this year as I aim to go to Austria for the World Masters road race Champs in August and the Time Trial.
Thats me for the moment!

No comments: