Sunday 11 November 2007

Remebrance sunday

I find it a struggle getting out on my bike at the moment, thats why it is good to have someone else to ride with how calls up to see if I am going out. Today I slept in till 9.30am, got a call from Sam at 10.15am from Sam saying that Mark had was driving to his place, had only just left at that point, 30 minutes later had a call saying that wasn't happening as James had phoned mark to say he was on his way to Guildford as per our orginal plans so Mark turned back to go riding with James, so it was sam and I leaving my place at 11.20am
Roads wet but the sun was shining and good tempurture, although hadn't noticed that we had a very strong tailwind on the way out of London, had abit of raod rage with some lady in a red car, saying we took up to much of the road, and this on one of the widest two lane roads in the southeast as well, a few minutes later she must have been fuming when I told her to chill as the road had been closed for the remebrance Sunday, asked the policeman and he let us through, saving us a detour through the suburbs, only takes 30 minutes to get to the country from my place, we headed over the North Downs, through Woldingham, some big fancy houses in this area, down narrow country lanes to Crowhurst then back round and home.
Nice steady pace, Sam had a puncture early on but no problem as it was a nice day out, legs felt strong while climbing, in general felt good, that is my longest ride since NZ, out for 2.40hrs. Was getting cold as we had to contend with the strong headwind and alot of the return journey is downhill.
Start of the regular bike clean as the roads were wet , so bike is getting dirty, glad to have my mudguards, Same with Sam as it stops all the crap flying of the back wheel while following.
Yesterday I went out by myself and stayed on the flat out Richmond way, set a steady pace averaging 19mph, fairly quick for this time of the year, although today was 17mph with lots of climbing, feel like my legs are building up again opposed to winding down, so thats all good.
This week I will be out riding after work as often as I can, so then I can have an easy weekend and relax and catch up with an old friend over cocktails or two.

No comments: